A minimum of 134 Palestinians have already been wounded by Israeli gunfire as thousands of Palestinian women demonstrated along the heavily fortified fence with Israel in the trapped Gaza Strip.
Ashraf al-Qudra, spokesperson for Gaza’s healthy ministry, said in a statement on Tuesday that media representatives in the event were among those who had been injured at the scene, east of the portion.
The protest was the first mass women’s display to happen in the remove since popular protests contacting for Palestinians’ right of return commenced on Mar 30 in the deprive.
Palestinians in the deprive have taken part in the protests, dubbed the Great March of Come back, calling for their right of return to the homes that they were expelled from in 1948 during a violent ethnic cleansing campaign that intentionally expelled more than 750, 000 Palestinians from their towns and villages.
These people have recently been demonstrating against the Israeli-Egyptian land, sea and naval blockade that has been in place since 2006, when Hamas – the party regulating the strip – came to power.
Women on Tuesday found its way to buses from across the port city, home to more than two million people, many accompanied by their children.
They moved in groups to within 50 metre distances of the fence, AFP reported.
“I came to finish the march that my daughter had began, ” Rim Abu Irmana said, waving a picture of her 15-year-old daughter, Wasal, who was wiped out by live Israeli ammo on May 14 – the same day more than 60 other Palestinians were killed.
May 16, which commemorated the 75 years since the Nakba, coincided with the questionable US embassy move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
“These demonstrations are peaceful. We are only defending our land and our rights, ” said Irmana, holding the hand of her young son.
Considering that the protests started out on March 30, Israeli makes killed at least 138 Palestinians.
SOURCE: AL JAZEERA AND NEWS AGENCIES